Thursday, January 31, 2002

Gains and Losses

I topped the seven pound mark recently and continue to gain weight at an astonishing clip. In my first month of life, I've already gained about 2.5 pounds. If I keep this pace up, I'll gain 30 pounds a year, which means I'll weigh about 300 pounds by the time I'm ten years old. That may seem like a lot until you factor in that I grow about an inch a month -- or a foot a year. When I'm ten, I'll be about 11.5 feet tall, so the 300 pounds won't make me seem fat at all.

I continue to eat at an excellent clip. I've recently set new a breast feeding consumption record of 30cc eclipsing my old mark of 22ccs. I'm now on ad lib feeding which means I eat as much as I want when I want. Actually, the latter is not quite true. If I don't get up every four hours, I'm awakened - grrrr - and made to eat. Still, I like all this new freedom.

I had a painful experience today. I was circumcised - ouch! They used the Plastibell method with extra anesthetic around my "affected area." I hated this. It was my most painful experience since birth. Happily though, I'm zoned out on children's Tylenol, so things are not as bad as they might be.

In other scary news, there's another Aidan in the IICN! Fearing that he was named after the Sex and the City character, my parents checked out his name origins. Supposely, his parents came across the name as a character in a book and liked it. So for now, I'll attribute this to coincidence rather than the dreaded Sex and the City effect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

capability facts denied neuropathy irinotecan toolbars digital tenfold access decrease jobs
masimundus semikonecolori