Saturday, January 26, 2002

I had a bath today. I've decided that baths are not bad things at all though they're very tiring. I was supposed to eat afterwards, but I was so sleepy I went promptly to dreamland and instead enjoyed a gavage. Food is always good when you don't have to be conscious for it. My other feedings went better than this. Otherwise, my situation is little changed. When I can eat, I get to go home. Of course, hanging out at the hospital with everyone responding to my every whim has its advantages! Still, it would be neat to see what outside looks like. I understand that today this outside place was rainy. Water falling from the sky --- how odd.

Sad news -- speed eating did not work out for me. Yesterday, I had bradys during two speed eating sessions. These were my first in five days. Still, everyone is encouraged by how infreqeunt they are becoming. Sucking, swallowing and breathing all at the same time sure is complex.

No comments: