Tuesday, January 22, 2002

Mommy gave me a bath today. I was a lot less upset at being wet this time-- a guy could get used to baths. Mom says she predicts that I'll take after my father and wind up spending whole evenings in the tub once I'm old enough to bathe myself!

I had to gave my gavage tube replaced again. I hate having that thing stuck to my cheek with adhesive. I enjoy touching my face-- epecially my cheeks-- and I yank on the gavage tube whenever I can get my hands on it. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to rid myself of it. When I succeed at yanking off the adhesive, the nurses just tape it back down or-- even worse-- replace the gavage tube altogether. I was extremely distressed when the nurse removed my old tube from my nose and put a new one in today. Mommy felt very bad for me when I cried, and she cuddled me for a long time afterward until I fell asleep.

Despite the fact that I have not yet gotten the hang of eating on my own, I am becoming a sturdy little guy. I now weigh 6 pounds, 4 ounces-- a pound and 6 oz. more than weighed at birth. The staff at the hospital is also quite impressed at my taste in clothes, and I am enjoying modeling my extensive wardrobe for them.

My 2001 tax deduction status is now official since I have been assigned a social security number. I now exist to the US government; it remains to be seen whether I will still be happy about this when I grow up!

No comments: