Monday, January 28, 2002

I got hopeful news yesterday. Some of the nurses are starting to talk openly about my going home. I'm able to nipple (in one form or another) pretty much every feeding without any great difficulty. Moreover, we switched bottles yesterday from the Haberman, which is really mostly for preemies and kids with eating problems, to the Avent feeding bottles. I had no difficulty whatsoever adapting to the change. In fact, my Daddy, who is ridiculously awkward at this stuff gave me the bottle and despite his best efforts I still managed to do my entire feeding.

On the bilirubin front, I'm due for some more tests today, but I still look yellowish. The nurses speculate that I may have something called breast milk jaundice. Does not seem to be anything to worry about too much though.

I'm a real fashion plate around the IICN thanks to all the lovely outfits people have gotten me. The nurses continually crow over the variety of cute outfits I have. Yesterday, I wore a flopsy bunnies outfit with footies. Unfortunately, my own legs are still a little to short to reach the end of the footies, so I was a flopsy bunny myself. It's nice that Beatrix Potter's stuff is all on etext!

No comments: