Friday, March 07, 2003

Words

Words are really useful things. While I'm not yet so good at making words that sound exactly like Mommy and Daddy's words, I'm getting better at making words in a language they can understand. Of course, I still have my old favorites like "ights" and "mamamama", but I've added lots of new words as well. Whenever I see a glass or a bottle, I say "ice". My parents aren't sure if I mean literally "ice" since the glasses or bottles are cold or if "ice" is a corruption of "glass". When I see a fan, I make a distinctive swinging motion with my hand and say "ffff". When I see cheese, one of my favorite foods, I say "chchch", and when I'm hungry for milk, I say "mm...mm". Of course, when I want Mommy and Daddy to name something, I say "aht", which means "what's that?". The amazing thing is that Mommy and Daddy can actually understand my language now. This is so much better than communicating by crying and whining.

No comments: