Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Walkin' Shoes

A big milestone for me. Mommy took me out to the shoestore today to be measured for my first set of walking shoes. I am a size 5 1/2 wide. I was given a balloon and a Polaroid of me in my new shoes since it was a big event.

Apparently there are two competing brands of first-walking-shoes, an Italian brand called Elefanten and Stride Rite. The shoe saleswoman recommended I wear Stride Rite because of my meaty ankles. They have a slightly lower top. They also seemed to fit my feet better. Apparently, Euro children have pathetic birdy-ankles so the higher topped shoes are better for them. I immediately tried out my new shoes, walking from shoe display to shoe display and knocking my favorites to the floor. My favorite shoes were a pair of red strappy-front sandals for older girls. I carried one around with me for a while. Happily, since my feet grow so fast, I'll get a new pair in just a short time---just like Mommy's shoe shopping!

No comments: