Thursday, March 06, 2003

Steps to Recovery

I'm starting to feel better. Lately, I go through phases where I have a good amount of energy followed by periods of sleepiness. By the evening, I pretty much was back up to my usual energy levels and was playing happily. Before this, I was sleepy. I like to find new and unusual places to sleep and I found a really good spot yesterday. I crawled under the middle of Mommy and Daddy's big bed and fell asleep there. Mommy looked all over for me and it took her awhile to find me. It's such a snuggly spot.

I'm taking a lot more steps on my own now. I like to walk, especially when someone holds my hand, but now I'll walk a little bit even when there's no one to hold my hand. I don't walk for far or very confidently, but still I'm liking the freedom of getting around on my own.

My appetite is starting to come back as well. Yesterday, I ate an entire cereal bar. These cereal bars are great, they're my favorite food. Mommy and Daddy have taken to calling them "crack for babies" becuase of their addictive quality.

Daddy thinks my baseball career may be looking up. While I was in Florida, I played lots of games of catch with Daddy using a real baseball. I like how real baseballs make a satisfying "thunk" when you throw them. Best of all from Daddy's perspective, more often than not I throw the ball with my left hand. Daddy always gives me lots of hugs and kisses when I do that. He still dreams of my being a left-handed middle reliever like his hero Jesse Orosco.

No comments: