Sunday, March 09, 2003

Tilden Park

Yesterday, I got to go to a terrific park, Tilden Park, which is located in the Berkeley hills. It was a beautiful day yesterday, clear and sunny and around 70 degrees, so we went for a ride to the park together. On the way, I got to see views of the SF bay from out the car window. Once we arrived, I got to go on a steam locomotive at the Redwood Valley Railway. It's not the usual sort of locomotive, since it's kid sized. It reminded my Mommy of the train she and my Daddy used to ride at Angela Park. The train at Tilden went through woods and around the edge of mountains. There was a tunnel too. I was not sure what to think of the tunnel initially, but I sort of warmed to it.

After the train ride, we rode deeper into the park until we came to an old-fashioned Merry-Go-Round. It has all sorts of animals that went up and down, horses, dragon, and lots of other critters. I rode on a horse with Mommy. The best part was the lights and the music. The carousel has lots of fabulous lights, and I took time out to point out every one of them in case Mommy missed any. I then walked around the park while Mommy and Daddy held my hand---sort of my first hike. It was a great day.

No comments: