Monday, March 10, 2003

Rodney and me

I spent the day with Daddy yesterday, so that Mommy could actually go out and do something fun (as though hanging out with me is not already ridiculously fun). As usual, Daddy took me out on one of his endless walks and we had several adventures together. First, we discovered a new park with infant swings. I'm always initially a little skpetical of the idea of beig swung ridiculously back and forth, but I quickly warmed to it. I especially enjoy it when Daddy pushes me by my feet and yells "feeeeeet" while doing it. I also liked removing my Cal baseball cap and watching it sail through the air as a swung by.

Next, Daddy took me down a hiking trail and I got out and walked along side him for some ways. I can tell that he's really looking forward to hiking with me, but for now he has to settle for mini-hikes on relatively flat terrain. Our hike took us through a big almond orchard, which smelled kind of neat.

Later in the afternoon, I spotted a frisbee on the ground. It was a bright green color, and I made Daddy pick it up for me. I laughed as Daddy through the frisbee in the air and ran to catch it. We even played catch a little bit. I would hold out my arms and (with perfect aim) Daddy managed to launch the frisbee between my arms and the little tray in my stroller, so I could catch the frisbee. I even threw it a few times too, trying to imitate the backhand flipping motion Daddy uses to propel it.

The best part of the day was watching the dogs. A couple near where we lived had set up adog obstacle course for their border collies. Apparently, these dogs compete in jumping and other skills at local competitions. They were magnificent, running and jumping over bars. They didn't knock over a single bar. The part that most fascinated me was a loong yellow tunnel. I would have liked to crawl through the tunnel myself, but there was no room with the dogs running through it. Finally, I got to meet a very nice Boston Terrier named Rodney. Rodney is very friendly, he gave me some kisses. He's also an Aidan-sized dog, perfect for me to stand next to and pet. Daddy said I did a much better job gently petting Rodney compared to my attempts to pet Licorice.

It was a great day!

No comments: