Thursday, September 13, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

Football season has just started and that means it's time for me to put on the pads and get out there as well. Daddy and I have been playing a number of football related games. One of my favorites is "sack the quarterback". In this game, we set up two pillows (one for each QB) and then take turns acting as offensive lineman and pass rusher. The pass rusher has to get past the blocker to tackle the opposing QB. The offensive lineman's job is to block. While there is plenty of contact in this game, there's no tackling, which is a plus.

The next game is "pass routes". Here, one player is the QB and the other is the wide receiver. The receiver runs the route called by the QB and tries to catch the pass. I've learned a number of pass routes already. I know square in, square out, slant, and fly patterns. I especially like the fly since it allows me to run down the field at top speed to catch the pass. My catching skills are much improved too. We've been doing some pass catching drills. Daddy tosses the football to me until I catch five in a row. If I drop a pass, we have to start over. This really forces me to concentrate on catching passes. I've become quite good at catching five in a row though.

Of course, I also love to watch football on TV--especially when the Steelers or the Packers are on. Happily, both teams are undefeated so far this season.

No comments: