Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Late Already


Well, it only took me two days of school to be late. Everyone got up at the usual time on Tuesday (around 7am) and things seemed to be proceeding well, but I was in no particular hurry to do anything. I put on my clothes at a leisurely pace (no clothing races for me today), I lingered over breakfast and got distracted by all the interesting comings and goings around me. In the end, I got to school 3 minutes late. While I come home with a positive attitude, the thought of starting each new day at my new school makes me very nervous and I'd rather put it off as long as I can.

Daddy said I had

A bad case of the slows


(An aside from Daddy: The quote "a bad case of the slows" is actually due to Abraham Lincoln who used it to describe General George H. Thomas, the Rock of Chickamauga.)

(A double aside: I understand that Gen. Thomas was my great grandfather's favorite general in the Civil War, at least according to Daddy.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,
Ask you Daddy if Woody Woodpecker cartoons were involved. That strikes a chord.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll do better today!
Love,
Nainnie