Thursday, September 27, 2007

Scoreboards

I'm fascinated with scores. Whenever a sport is turned on TV, I check the scoreboard to see who is winning. I've been making scoreboards on my own as well. When the Yankees were playing the Red Sox recently, I created my own scoreboard to keep track. I wrote the score down in pencil, so I could change it when more runs were scored.

Yesterday, I was busy making scoreboards again. I had some "bump car" races between Mater and Lightning. For those who don't know, bump cars are toy cars that go when you bump them. The winner was the car that went the furthest. On my scoreboard, I drew pictures of Lightning and Mater and created a grid of boxes. Every time one of them won, I put in "x" in the grid below his picture. After many races, Lightning won the most, but it was pretty close.

I also made a scoreboard for the colors of marshmallow pieces in my cars cereal. This cereal is sort of like Lucky Charms, but instead of having hearts, clovers, and the like, it has cars in various colors. I carefully picked out all the marshmallow pieces and then created a grid on a piece of paper to score the match. I then counted the cars of different colors and filled in squares on the grid. Yellow had the most. In the end, my scoreboard looked sort of like a bar graph, which I also like.

No comments: