Monday, September 24, 2007

Go....bears



This Saturday, Daddy and I went to a Cal football game. I've wanted to go to a game for a while, so this was really great. It was a bit rainy in the morning, so I wasn't sure I wanted to go, but it cleared up.

We got an early start, so I could visit Daddy's office before the game. It took a while to find parking owing to the fact that most of the lots were closed for the game, but we found a good spot. On the way to work, Daddy stopped off and picked up a new game for us to play while we "worked." The game is called "Risk". the object is simple---take over the whole world. While Daddy initially worred that the ages for the game were 10+, I quickly got the hang of what was going on and put up a god fight. There were giant wars in Iraq (just like the real world) and Kamchatka. After a bit of time, we went to the game. It was great. There were a zillion fans, and I liked a lot of the cheers. The best one was "Go...Bears". The way this cheer works is for one side of the stadium to yell "go" and then the other to reply "bears". There was also a cheer I didn't like, "Roll on you bears." For this cheer, you have to say the words while twirling your finger in a circle.

Anyay, the Bears destroyed the Arizona Wildcats. One of the best things about Cal is the terrific colors of their uniforms. They wore blue tops with yellow letters and, best of all, yellow pants.

No comments: