Monday, June 21, 2004

Under the Big Top

Yesterday, we went to the circus for Father's Day (or Happy Daddy Day as I like to call it). Circus Chimera was in Moraga, a town not far from where we live, so we drove to see them. According to a press clipping from ANG NEWSPAPERS by Leslie Katz, these guys are
Cirque du Soleil without an attitude.

Daddy seemed to think that the word attitude was a euphemism for "talent". When we got there, they had two big bouncy castles---one shaped like a giraffe and another shaped like a tiger. I said hi to each of the bouncy castles, but did not want to go in. They also had a pony ride there. While I liked to be close to the ponies, I did not want to ride these either. They did have some rides that I actually liked though, a choo choo and some cars that went around in a circle.

Finally, it was time to go in the big tent where the circus was. While I liked the idea of a big tent, I was not at all sure that I wanted to go in the big tent. Mommy ended up carrying me in and for a long while I clung to Mommy since I was a bit scared to be there. After the intermission, I warmed up to the whole thing and had fun clapping along to the many acts. Overall though, this was a disappointing circus. They had no animals at all (except for a couple of woofs), and a lot of the music was rather boring and monotonous. Compared to Ringling, I give this circus a thumbs down.

No comments: