Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Stomping and Splashing

Today was my day to get wet. Mommy and I started off the day meeting Sam and his mommy at a local shopping center. The Rite-Aid store there has a garden fountain on display out front. Since I was already in my swimwear in preparation for later water play, Mommy let me splash my hands in the fountain to my heart's content while we waited for our friends. It was lots of fun. Once Sam and his mommy arrived, we drove to Central Park in San Ramon, where they have a cool waterplay area. There are lots of shallow areas (about an inch or two of water) that are great for stomping your feet, splashing, or sitting down in. Eventually, the shallow areas lead to a larger, round wading pool that surrounds a large mushroom (taller than mommy) that spews water down like a shower. This place is fun for kids of all ages. While I was nervous at first, I became accustomed to the water with the help of a yellow plastic, truck-shaped sand mold, which a nice lady let me use. I put it in the water on its "wheels" and pushed it around in the water making truck noises. I figure that if a truck likes the place then it's good for me too!

After the park, we came home for my nap, and then Mommy and I went out to play in the yard. Remembering how much I enjoyed wading at the park, Mommy filled my little pool with an inch or two of water and threw my beach ball in. At first toe-touch to water, I complained bitterly, but soon changed my mind when I saw Mommy stomping her feet in the pool and pushing my ball around. The two of us had a fun time spinning my ball in the water and stomping around. Maybe my pool isn't so bad after all.

No comments: