Monday, June 09, 2003

Hard day's night

I feel just awful today, although better than last night. Yesterday, I started to run a mild fever during the day but didn't really show much ill-effect from it. Mommy was quick to spot that I was feeling a little hot. She gave me grape flavored Tylenol. I absolutely adore the taste of this stuff. The official dosage is two droppersful, but I really wanted more. I held up the jar of Tylenol with my mouth open in hopes of getting some extra. I even gnawed on the top of the dropper a little bit in hopes of wringing more goodness out. But enough about the gustatory delights of Tylenol, on to the night.

The night started out okay, but quickly degenerated. I was up about 1 and feeling really bad. I was crying and crying. Mommy came to comfort me and found that I was very hot with a temp over 102. I found some solace in cuddles and another dose of Tylenol. This kept me happy until around 3am, when I got up crying again. I was really feeling bad and even Mommy's attempts to comfort me were not enough. Eventually, I had a bottle of warm milk and felt somewhat better. Up the next morning and still feeling not very happy.

Mommy took me to the doctor this morning where they told me something we both already knew---I was running a fever. Fortunately, they didn't see any signs of anything more serious, so they sent me home with a happy prescription, more Tylenol. I'm supposed to come back if things don't improve over the next three days. I really hope things do improve becuase last night was just awful for me.

No comments: