Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Food, glorious food

As most of you know, I like to mostly stick to tried and true foods in the beige food group (cheese, bread, crackers or various sorts, cereal, and bananas). Lately, however, I've decided to broaden my horizons. Mommy calls it my "food renaissance." I've been eating watermelon for about the past week or so and love it despite its non-beige color. In the last few days, I have tried a bunch of new things: pastas with tomato sauce (spaghetti & shells), ravioli, cucumber, dill pickles, and green beans. I've actually had small tastes of all these foods previously, but found them to be yucky. I think they must have reformulated the flavors of these foods into "new and improved" versions since last time since they tasted really good (except for the cucumber, which was still sort of yucky). I also tried grapefruit for the first time and rejected it and sampled diced pears, which I'm not sure about texture-wise.

No comments: