Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Do not go gentle

I staged a little rebellion last night. I was extremely tired, so Mommy put me to bed a bit earlier than usual. That was fine with me, but about 3 hours later I awoke feeling refreshed but disoriented. To alert Mommy and Daddy to the situation, I let out my best horror-movie victim spine-chilling scream. That brought Mommy. Her plan was to comfort me in my bedroom until I fell back to sleep. Little did she know that I had other plans. After many attempts at comforting, I finally managed to escape her grasp and quickly headed into the light of the living room and started alternating unpacking my toys and reeling unsteadily around the room. I was happy and smiling as long as my parents did not try to move me back into my bedroom. At any reminder of bedtime I would become quite upset and treat my parents to some more horror movie screams. Soon after I came into the living room, my parents had the bright idea of turning out all the lights. They said that they were going to sleep now. My mom lay on the couch and I climbed up and snuggled with her for a bit. Soon after, I became cooperative about going back to my crib and slept until morning.

No comments: