Thursday, January 09, 2003

Words

My vocabulary is expanding. My favorite word is still "dat", which I use to describe all interesting objects. This displaced my previous favoriate, "mama", which I used to describe everything. I also now use the word "ight" whenever I see a light. When I see a tree, I often say "tee", and when I see my piggy, I say "peegeegee". I'm also standing up on my own now more and more. I can't stay up for long and it's often by accident, but I'm feeling more confident in this.

Today I visit the doctor's office for follow-up to see if I've been exposed to tuberculosis as well as to find out about some other lab tests that were run. Mommy promises that there will be no more shots this visit, so at least it will be a bit better than the last one. I'm getting to like these trips less and less.

While I was back east, I learned how to clap. I like clapping, but what I like even better is getting others to participate in clapping with me. One of my favorite games right now is to grab the hands of my Mommy or Daddy and clap them together. They have bigger hands than mine, so theirs make a more satisfying noise when I clap them together than do my littler hands.

No comments: