Monday, January 27, 2003

On My Own Two Feet


Today I was waving at my mommy and her friend Cheryl, who were on the other side of the baby gate, and I was so involved in waving to them with both hands that I didn't notice that I was standing on my own. This was my longest time standing unsupported ever. It only happens when I'm concentrating on clapping or waving. Later this afternoon, I was in the living room with Mommy, Cheryl, and Cheryl's baby, Clara, and decided that I really wanted to get to the coffee table to taste and explore the candles. I had my hands on Mommy's while she was sitting in the floor, and I was so impatient to get to the table that when she let go I took three unsupported steps toward the table and got there on my own! Now I still don't quite believe that this happened, but Mommy has witnesses.

No comments: