Monday, January 20, 2003

Bon Appetit

I have not been out to somewhat fancy restaurants in a while. Happily, I got to go out this past Friday to a restaurant called Il Fornaio. Il Fornaio means "the bakery" in Italian, which can only mean one thing---homemade bread. They say bread is the staff of life. That's not really true for me (milk is the "staff" of life), but of all the foods I've tried, bread is one of my absolute favorites. When we went to the restaurant, I got to sit in a nice, tall highchair which permitted a great view of the interesting things around me. On the ceiling were long strands of "ights" and at the end of the room was a roaring fireplace, another kind of "ight". They quickly delivered a big basket of bread and I settled in to really enjoy myself. The bread and some other goodies (Mommy gave me a piece of her rabbit-stuffed pasta, but without the rabbit) kept me well entertained throughout the entire dinner. My Daddy pronounced the evening a big success.

No comments: