Friday, August 23, 2002

Social Caterpillar?

Well, I got my first taste at socializing with other people my own age and it was a decidedly mixed experience. Thankfully, my Mommy brought along some of my best toys including my chime ball and, my all-time favorite, Mr. Smiley. The other children who were there liked my toys a lot. In fact, they liked them so much that they played with them. I discovered, at that moment, an important fact about toys. If other children are playing with your toys, it means YOU yourself cannot play with them. (I played with and tasted the other babies' toys too, though!) The other odd thing I discovered was that I was not the center of attention. Other Mommys seemed to want to pay more attention to their own babies than to me. This lack of attention left me not feeling like my usual smiling and laughing self. In fact, when my Daddy came home and my Mommy was discussing the outing, she said I was actually a bit shy in this group. Daddy, knowing my winning ways, was skeptical. I'll just have to get used to socializing with other babies.

No comments: