Friday, August 09, 2002

Frustration

I've led a pretty stationary life as long as I can remember. Sure, I get to move around when Mommy or Daddy picks me up or when I'm in a car or a plane, but I want to move when I feel like moving. I have this idea that moving requires that I get up off the floor and propel myself, but I haven't exactly worked out the details. So far, my method is to push out with my arms and legs all at once. This lifts me way high up in the air, my body suspended above the ground. Now for the tricky part: Somehow, from this position I want to be able to move. I feel like I should be able to move, but it never seems to work. I've tried kicking outward with my legs while my arms remain in a locked position. No luck. I've tried reaching forward with my arms while my legs remain locked. This is even worse because it often results in my faceplanting in the carpet. I just can't seem to figure it out. It's frustrating!

No comments: