Monday, August 19, 2002

It's been a busy weekend. Saturday was my Mommy and Daddy's wedding anniversary. They've been married for 11 years. This seems like an impossibly long time to me. Heck, I haven't even been on this Earth for 11 months. To celebrate, they went to a restaurant called Il Fornaio, which means the baker in Italian. It was a very nice place with linen tablecloths and such. I was sorely tempted by the tablecloth. It looked fun to grab and pull and eat. Still, I got a pretty good consolation prize---the waiter supplied my with a good helping of cloth napkins, which are also fun to grip and chew. Eventually the conversation became boring for me, and I went to sleep throughout much of the meal.

Earlier that afternoon, I got to spend some more outside time with my Daddy. Since it is so sunny here and my skin is sensitive, Daddy has to erect shady areas of various sorts. In this case, he found our beach umbrella and kind of rested it on the ground to form a shady sopt for me to play in. I like to play outside. I got to play outside again on Sunday.

My Daddy also decided to try to feed me solid food. Now, thus far, I really don't see much point in switching to this kind of food in lieu of the tried and true bottle. Still, Daddy did make it fun and he was nice enough to heat the little bowl of oatmeal up so it was palatable for me. While we ate inside on Saturday, we ate outside on Sunday and made a BIG MESS. That was fun.

I also got to go in my pool for the first time on Sunday. It's a bigger pool than the one in my Nain's yard. I love to kick and splash around.

No comments: