Monday, March 04, 2002

Pacifica

This Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day -- sunny, mid 70s, not a cloud in the sky -- so we decided to go for a ride to the Pacific Ocean. Now, I really like car rides, the smooth purr of the engine, all the gentle bouncing around, the commotion of the other cars. Of course, it makes me really sleepy just thinking about all of this. Anyway, we went for a ride to a place called Pacifica. We walked around on a sort of pebbly beach and watched some people surf. It looked like the waves were quite large. I wanted to go out an body surf, but my parents wouldn't let me. Boo hiss.

We then drove south on a prettty road called the Pacific Coast Highway. It winds between the mountains and the shoreline, so there are lots of great views on both sides. Eventually, we stopped at a town called Montara and sat on a bench overlooking the ocean so that I could have some food. By this time it was about 3:30 and the sun was starting to descend in the sky. On this coast, the sun sets right into the ocean, so the light sort of dances off the water. I saw some seagulls and pelicans as I ate happily.

After that, we drove home. During part of this time, we were stuck in a traffic jam, and I became unhappy. I like MOTION, not being slowed down.

I've posted a bunch of new photos on my website in a folder labeled "Pacifica". These are mostly photos of me although there are a couple scenery shots of some of the beaches I visited.

No comments: