Friday, March 22, 2002

A Hint of a Smile

I'm starting to get the hang of a new developmental milestone -- smiling. While I've had a number of other expressions, especially the pout, down since I came out of the hospital, the smile has proven to be more difficult for me. Earlier this week, my Mommy was playing with me and telling me what a great guy I was in her cute singsongy voice (does she always talk like that?) when she did something absolutely hilarious. She put her face close to mine and went "brrrrr-rrrrrrr-rrrrrr-rrrrr". Now, this may not sound that funny to you, but you had to be there. I smiled. She wasn't sure it was a real smile, so she's tried the same thing again on a number of occasions since. Oddly, the bit does not get old for me -- I still smile when she goes "brrrr-rrrrr-rrrr".

Smiling is fun, but Mommy is funnier.

No comments: