Saturday, March 09, 2002

Flu?

The last couple of days have been really hard ones for me. On Thursday, I went to the doctor for a checkup. I got weighed (10.8 lbs) and measured (21" long). This was all fine with me, but then came the bad part. I got four (!) nasty shots and they drew blood from my poor little foot. The shots were really painful! I let them know this in no uncertain terms after the first shot, but it did not seem to get them to change their minds about the subsequent ones. At least I know I touched my Mommy's heart with my cries. Tears were streaming down her face as they were doing this to me.

After the shots, I was a little sore and a little cranky all afternoon. I also had less of an appetite than I normally do. By evening, however, I had returned my usual equilibrium. Friday morning was much of the same until around noon. At that point, I started to feel bad. My Daddy was in sole charge of my on Friday as my Mommy and Grandma Dorothy were off partying in San Francisco. He was trying to get work done instead of spending all his time paying attention to me when I am not feeling well. Hah, little chance of that. I've pretty much been miserable since that time. I sometimes get these little coughs that scare me into screaming. Sometimes I just scream cause I don’t feel well. I'm getting a raw throat from all my "talking."

The doctor offered the possibility that I might have a reaction to one of my shots (my Mommy think it was a flu shot). Well, I'm definitely having a reaction. I hope it ends soon.

No comments: