Monday, March 25, 2002

It's been a busy weekend for me. Yesterday, I got to go out on a tour of the Stanford campus with my parents and Aunt Julie and Uncle Dave. For me, the highlight was taking an open-air lunch by a pretty fountain in front of the college bookstore. Upon returning from this trip, everyone else, perhaps inspired by my example of eating, decided to go out to lunch. They took me along with them though I just watched them eat rather than ordering anything myself. So far, I've been out to restaurants about 5 times, and I've been good (read - quiet as a mouse) all five. I hope they see how great I am to take on outings.

In the evening, we all watched the academy awards together. This is my first time seeing the Oscars. I thought that the exquisite Gyneth Paltrow's dress was an exquisite nightmare, by the way. I also thought Whoopi Goldberg rather unfunny. I got a bit fussy during the middle of the show (the Sidney Poitier tribute I found to be overlong and tiresome) so my Uncle Dave regaled me by singing Celtic rock songs. Mostly, these songs seemed concerned with extolling the virtues of drinking.

My aunt and uncle are really nice to me and like to bounce me around, sing to me, and play with me. I like the extra attention. As far as I'm concerned, they're welcome anytime.

No comments: