Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend Sports Update

As you know, my Daddy likes all sorts of sports. Often, various sports are on TV and sometimes I'll watch. It seems like this weekend was a sports extravaganza. Here are the highlights:

World Cup: We watched the US play Italy. I mostly choose my rooting interest based on the color of the team's uniforms and Italy had nice red outfits compared to the rather boring blue and white donned by the US. Result: I rooted for Italy during the match. Thanks to my help, they managed a 1-1 tie.

US Open: We watched a lot of golf this weekend. As usual, Daddy was rooting for Phil Mickelson. I was rooting for Tiger, but he did so poorly on Thursday and Friday that he didn't make the cut, so he wasn't playing on Saturday or Sunday. Faced with this challenge, I reverted to my second-favorite rooting strategy---root for whoever is in the lead---unless it is Phil Mickelson. Naturally, the golfer who I was rooting for, Geoff Ogilvy, triumphed.

NBA Finals: This time it was the blue team, the Dallas Mavericks, facing the white team, the Miami Heat. I rooted for the blue team. In fact, I invented a cheer:

Let's go blue team.

Clap. Clap. Clap-clap-clap.

Let's go blue team.

And so on.

Unfortunately, the blue team came up short in overtime.

Poker: Finally, I asked to see my favorite "sport" poker during breaks in the other sports. When given the choice, I prefer watching poker to all other sports on TV. I asked Daddy when I would get to learn how to play the "real" game of poker. Thus far, I've only learned how to play one card and two card versions of poker. Daddy said we're making good progress toward poker mastery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your Daddy is hoping you will be cheering for the red and white, rather than the green and yellow, when you go to that baseball game in a few weeks!