Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Diesels


While I love Thomas and all the steam engines, I have a more uneasy relationship when it comes to the diesel trains. For one thing, in many of the Thomas stories, the diesels cause no end of trouble. Indeed, in the Thomas movie, the main plot centers on Diesel 10's attempts to destroy the steam engine Lady and thereby wreck the magic of the island of Sodor.

Because of this, I'm always a bit cautious in assembling my jigsaw puzzle with the three steam engines (Thomas, James and Lady) and the three diesels. What was nice today was that, after we built Diesel 10, Daddy gave him a voice, and he decided that he would be very nice to all the engines. He wanted to be a really useful engine too. I like this new side to Diesel 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diesel 10 does have an angry face. Maybe Thomas' creator had a problem with "alternate" sources of energy.