Friday, April 25, 2003

Outside

I love to play outside. In fact, one of the biggest frustrations in my life is when the patio door is opened and I don't get to go out. I let Mommy and Daddy know my displeasure at that situation in strong terms. Yesterday (and today) it was raining off and on so it looked like an indoor day. Happily, the rain stopped by the evening so that I was able to go outside after coming home from the supermarket with Mommy. One thing I like to do is push my Cozy Coupe car around. I actually prefer to push it than ride in it. Every time I hit an obstacle (which is often), I like to say "boom" and laugh. Daddy hopes that by the time I'm sixteen my attitutes toward running cars into things have changed a bit. I also like to go on my little sliding board. I love the thrill of sliding down. Plus, I've discovered that we have a big sliding board in our yard. I try to walk up the sliding board, but it's really hard to do this. Instead, Daddy boosts me up toward the top and I go sliding down---really fast. I love this. Daddy makes a little sound effect as he boosts me. To indicate that I want another go, I climb back onto the sliding board and start making the sound effect back at him. Up I go...and then down. Yay.

We also like to run around the yard. Daddy can run really fast, but I'm starting to catch up. He'll usually toss or kick a ball around as he runs and then "pass" it to me. Daddy seems to love playing with footballs and baseballs almost as much (maybe even more) than I do. Yesterday, he was trying to teach me how to "dribble" a ball with my feet, like in soccer. I found this pretty difficult to get, but I did have the idea that putting my foot on the ball was a way to make it move. I love being outside.

No comments: