Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Climbing


This past weekend, I figured out how to scale the couch. I stretch my leg up as far as I can until my heel or toes are about couch seat height and then scramble up. While I get very frustrated sometimes since I don't always succeed at the first try, I work at it until I make it. Then I like to stand up and stake my claim to the couch territory. Unfortunately, my parents are less happy about my newfound ability since they are worried that I will pitch myself off the couch by accident. They are going to work on teaching me that I can only be on the couch if I sit or lie down. This will be an uphill battle, I think.


This weekend I also managed to climb into the bathtub by myself-- and it wasn't even bathtime! Again, I stretched my leg up and then fell (gently) into the empty tub. Mommy and Daddy keep the bathroom door closed to keep me out unless it's bathtime, but this time I had accompanied Mommy into the bathroom while she was hanging some things to dry. She immediately snatched me out of the tub and seemed very unhappy about my latest climbing activity.


P.s. I added one new food to my short list of acceptable foods last week-- raisins. I enjoy feeding them to Mommy too.

No comments: