Monday, November 04, 2002

A Report on My First Halloween


I was Tigger for my first Halloween. Mommy bought my costume at Target and then made me a special, springy Tigger tail. I was very bouncy and made an impressive Tigger. I am especially bouncy when Mommy sings the Tigger theme song:"The wonderful thing about Tiggers- is Tiggers are wonderful things. Their tops are made out of rubber! Their bottoms are made out of springs! They're bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is I'm the Only One!"

Mommy and I went to the John Muir Women's Health Center on Halloween so I could have my photo taken. (We'll only get one print from this photo session since the photographer was just doing this as a favor to the center to drum up business, but we took lots of other photos that we'll share with my fan club.) There were *many* babies at the center to have their photos taken. The most popular costume for babies seems to be a pumpkin. It was like hanging out in a whole pumpkin patch! Linus would have loved it! None of the babies seemed to be "The Great Pumpkin," however.


After the photo shoot, Mommy and I went to lunch with some other mommies and babies. An upscale supermarket had a display of pumpkins and haybales out front, so the mommies took the babies' pictures with pumpkins. I absolutely *hated* sitting in the hay, however, and I made this very clear to everyone by screwing up my face and crying. I think that some of the photos will show my happier side though. They have not yet been developed. The manager of the market thought the babies and the pumpkins were extremely cute and asked if he could take a photo of the mommies, babies and pumpkin patch for the store. I went along with this since it required me to sit on mommy's lap and not directly on the hay.

When we got home, Daddy was there, and I modeled my costume for him and we had another photo session. I was very happy to see him! We thought we'd briefly visit a few neighbors to show off my costume, but our neighborhood was crawling with what Mommy referred to as "marauding packs of Halloweeners"-- not badly behaved, just an amazing number of them traveling in big groups. We gave up on the visiting idea and just answered the door with me in costume. Many children commented that I looked very cute. For part of the time, I stood up behind the child gate (within view of the door) and pretended to be a tiger at the zoo. I liked Halloween! (Daddy will post some pictures to the Internet soon!)

No comments: