Saturday, November 09, 2002

Lounge Lizard or Card Shark?

Well, my rash is gradually healing. It doesn't hurt anymore and it is covering less area. I still get to splash in the water many times a day, however, since Mommy is still being very gentle during diaper changes and avoiding wipes for a bit longer. Unfortunately, my cough is worsening again, especially at night. Geez, if it's not one end it's the other!

We are very excited because my dresser and a small chest with a hutch are being delivered today. Now my socks, hats, etc. will live in drawers instead of in baskets and plastic boxes on the floor. Mommy and Daddy are very happy about this, but I'm kind of ambivalent. I really enjoy carrying around my socks and chewing on them. Now I'll have to figure out how to get them out of the drawer.

I had my music class yesterday. I love to bounce and rock to the music. I also got to bang on and shake some instruments again. This is always a lot of fun. I am a very good drummer, and the mommies have also dubbed me "The Mixmaster" due to my flair with the teacher's electronic keyboard. After class, Rowena (my teacher) puts her keyboard down and lets the babies play with it. I have always been enthusiastic about crawling over and pushing the keys, but a few weeks ago I discovered the keys that start pre-recorded melodies and beats playing. Now I go for those buttons almost immediately, and we all get to groove to my tunes. I am the only baby who does this, and some have said that I'm destined to be a lounge lizard. I think I'll be a DJ instead and play all the hot parties.

Mommy, Daddy and I attended a poker night at the home of Matt and Patti in Danville last night. I got to crawl around and bang on a big stock pot. I would have liked to chew on some poker chips, but no one would let me for some reason. Daddy kept saying, "Put a fork in me. I'm done," when he didn't like his cards and pulled out of a game. I don't know why he wants people to poke him with a fork, but next time he says it maybe Mommy will let me have a plastic fork for a few moments so I can make Daddy happy by poking him.

No comments: