Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Play the Drum

I think I've inherited my Mommy's musical prowess. Right now, my favorite toy is my Leapfrog Learning drum which I've gotten really good at playing. I love to hit my drum. Sometimes it plays music back at me, sometimes it just makes drum sounds, sometimes it says the letters of the alphabet back to me when I hit it. Regardless, it's really great to play. I think the best part is that after I've finished tapping on it a little bit, it applauds my efforts with cheers and music. I smile and laugh during this part.

When I first got it, it was hard for me to use for two reasons. First, it seems to automatically shut itself off after a while. Happily, there's a big switch on the side. If I jiggle the switch around (MYSELF!) I can get it to start up again! Second, it used to be hard for me to handle. The drum has a head, like most drums, but it's hard for me to figure out which side is the head. What I've found is that if I just hit ANY side hard enough, it will still play music. I like to play the drum in different rooms too, so sometimes I'll drag it around with me as I go from room to room. I love this toy!

No comments: