Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Nasty Rash

Yesterday, I developed a diaper rash. Not a minor pink tinge between my cheeks as appears every once and a while, a painful, raw rash that spread across my cheeks and into my groin area. It really hurt! It still does, unfortunately. This morning when I woke up, Mommy merely touched my behind with a wipe and little dots of blood sprang up on my tender skin. This upset Mommy very much as did the obvious pain I felt during the diaper change. She decided to clean me with running water instead of wipes until the rash improves and to let me roam au natural from the waist down to let air hit my skin. Mommy also read that sometimes babies get yeast diaper rashes when they are on antibiotics, and decided to see the doctor. We went this afternoon, and I do indeed have a yeast infection on my behind. A medical student got to look at my butt too to observe what a yeast rash looks like. Both doctor and medical student were nice, and I have been taken off my antibiotic (since my runny nose output is clear instead of its original disconcerting green and the antibiotic is responsible for the yeast running amok on my backside). I now have some lotrimin cream to apply to my rash twice a day. Mommy, Daddy and I can't wait for the healing to begin!

No comments: