Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Quake

I had another milestone in my life yesterday---my first earthquake. It measured 5.4 on the "not the Richter" scale, so it was a pretty small quake. I was sitting on my Mommy's lap when we both felt a rumbling. The computer monitor started to sway from side to side as well. Then, the whole thing was over. It didn't last very long. My Daddy was outside taking a walk, and he said he felt it even less than we did.

My Mommy is increasingly concerned that I'm becoming addicted to TV. Now, mostly I have a lot of trouble following the dialog (particularly the sexy innuendoes on some shows), but I love the lights and the colors. Sometimes, when I'm sitting by my parents, I'll crane my neck sharply to one side to get a better view of something really interesting on TV. Baseball is a favorite. I like the simple patterns of the grass, the ball, and the uniforms. Much easier for me to follow than the nature specials Mommy watches, where everyone is camouflaged.

I suggested to Mommy that part of the reason I'm becoming a TV addict is that she always has the darn thing on. I think that all by herself, Mommy is able to favorably affect the Nielsen numbers of The Learning Channel. We're always watching it.

No comments: