Wednesday, May 22, 2002

Every night when my Daddy comes home from work, I get really excited and happy to see him. When he comes up to me I instantly smile and laugh and flail my arms and legs about ridiculously to signal my delight. He usually sings songs to me just after he gets home. Lately, he's been singing a song called James James Morrison Morrison. It's about a boy who "took great care of his mother, though he was only three." In only a little more than two and a half years I'll be three. I'll be looking forward to taking care of Mommy then.

One interesting thing about my reaction when my Daddy comes home is that it didn't used to happen. I remember way back when I was a young boy, people and things were mostly just indistinguishable blurs. In addition to this obstacle, it was quite difficult for me to control my face enough to convey an emotion (other than by crying -- I had this down immediately.) I've come a long way, baby.

No comments: