Thursday, May 02, 2002

House Hunting

Yesterday, we all went house hunting together. We saw 7 different places and ended up with two of these still being in the running for our next home. My favorite was a place in Walnut Creek that sits on a corner lot. This house has the neat feature of having an enormous playground structure (done in wood) already installed. While I'm still a little too small to enjoy this now, it won't be long before I can start climbing and jumping and swinging. I made myself really at home in this place. I stopped off to eat a bit while we were there and I had two (!) rest stops there as well.

This place offers the convenient feature that access to all of that is right out in my back yard. The other place we looked at doesn't have a playground, but is in a lovely hilly section of a town called Lafayette. I would be able to walk to school if we lived here. This house was wonderfully airy with a zillion skylights.

The big problem with house hunting is that I'm stuck in my stupid car seat all day. By the evening, I was clearly voicing my displeasure with this arrangement and it took Mommy a long time to convince me that the period of being strapped in was mercifully over.

No comments: