Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Give me a hand

I love to play with my hands. They're especially fun when paired with my bib. For instance, last night I found it tremendously funny to reach my hands under my bib and then pull them and it up to my face, half covering it. I would laugh and shriek with delight at how I was able to change my world. My Mommy would put the bib back down over my chest, and I would repeat the process. I have to admit though, sometimes I'd get a little scared of the darkness from having a bib over my eyes.

I can do other things with my hands too, like grab stuff. When my Daddy is feeding me, I like to grab onto the "handlebars" of the bottle, his two big thumbs. I can put my whole hand around his giant sized thumbs. This makes the whole experience of having a bottle that much more fun. Last night, my Mommy had one of my toys out--Celeste the Sun. Celeste has many delightful dangly things sticking out of her. I made my first tentative steps toward reaching out and grabbing the dangly things. Reaching out is apparently a milestone, so Mommy was very happy with my attempts to grab. We'll see how she feels about it in a few months when I reach out to grab her Lenox figurines.

No comments: