Friday, February 15, 2002

The Joys of the Baby Bjorn

Sometimes I get a bit fussy always being in the same two or three locations. While those locations do provide hours of fascination and enjoyment, sometimes a boy needs a change of pace. For me, the best is when I get to ride around with my Daddy in the Baby Bjorn. The Baby Bjorn is a frontpack (kind of the opposite of a backpack). I get to sit up pressed next to my Daddy's chest and look out over the sides at the bouncy world. Of course, all this bounciness often makes me sleepy -- yawn.

It's supposed to rain here for the next couple of days, so I was determined to get outside. I started my outdoor campaign by the middle of the afternoon, so the my Mommy would be only to happy to have my Daddy and I out of the house and out of her hair. My Daddy came home and we were both on the same wavelength -- a walk was definitely in order. I bundled up in my outdoor clothes, a big fleecy Baby Gap hooded sweatshirt. In addition to the nice insulative qualities of this piece of clothing, it is also expandable, from the size of it I should have it until I'm a teenager. After fumbling around with the sleeves in search of my arms, we were off.

Sometimes I'm like a light switch, on and off. The minute a smelled the earthy smell of the outdoors and felt the cool breeze on my cheek, I quieted down and started to enjoy the scenery. I saw many interesting things on this walk: a motorcycle cop pulling over a hapless motorist just outside my house. The cop had big shiny boots, which fascinated me. As we went tromping through the woods, I got a big sloppy kiss from a sheepdog. Actually, the Baby Bjorn got the kiss since I'm pretty inaccessible when I'm "driving" in there. The sheepdog and his owner seemed very friendly and asked how old I was. I let my Daddy tell them since I was mostly asleep. I saw my first full sized poodle as well. He ran around us in happy circles as we walked, but he never wanted to stop to be petted. We also saw a big furry gray cat that went darting behind a concrete retaining wall when we approached. I loved my walk and was sad to see it end.

No comments: