Tuesday, February 26, 2002

Binary

My moods swing almost instantly from one end of the pole to the other. Yesterday after eating in the evening, I absolutely could not find a comfortable position. I didn't like being on my back, nor on my belly, nor on the swing, nor in the bouncy seat, nor in the crib, nor on the floor in the gymini. In short, I was an unhappy little guy. I like to express my unhappiness with ear popping banshee screams.

"Waah"

"Waah"

(Yes, we infants really do say "waah" with a harshness you can only imagine.)

My Daddy was in charge of amusing me tonight and he hit upon a sure fire solution. He put me in my infant carrier (a thing which attaches to the stroller and becomes a car seat). This made me extremely unhappy. I hate being confined.

"Waah"

Then he did something incredibly fun -- he took me outside and walked me up the stairs out to the parking area of where we live. Ah, the rhythmic thumping of being bounced up the stairs -- sweetness, harmony, perfection. He had not made it to the top before I fell asleep. I then slept peacefully for the next four hours.

Binary.

No comments: