Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Waffles and Applesauce

One of my favorite food pairings these days are waffles and applesauce. While full-size waffles are too big for me, Mommy has found some delicious mini waffles that are perfect for holding in my hand. Part of what makes them great is that they're convenient scoops for picking up applesauce, which is made extra delicious by the liberal addition of cinnamon by Mommy. Waffles are also very stackable, so they're fun to play with too.

While these foods are great, they don't always come exactly as I like them. For instance, last week Daddy made me waffles and applesauce. He got the applesauce right but, in his attempts not to make the waffles too hot, he toasted them insufficiently and they were gooey doughballs. I don't like them that way. Yesterday, when we were at a party, Mommy brought me applesauce, which she had packed in her bag but she forgot to pack the waffles and the toaster. I kept telling her, "waffles, waffles, waffles" but somehow, she didn't get the message.

No comments: