Monday, October 06, 2003

Little Tiger

This weekend was quite a busy one for me. On Saturday, I went to the Dorothy the Dinosaur show. She's my favorite character on the Wiggles. While it would have been enough to just have Dorothy there, in fact, Captain Feathersword, Henry the Octopus, and Wags the Dog were also there. Looked like the Captain gained some weight since the TV show. I enjoyed the singing and dancing. I also enjoyed the lights and colors of the Paramount Theater, which is the really nice place that the show was put on. Daddy says to check out the online tour.

Also over the weekend, Daddy introduced me to two new sports. He got out a tee-ball set that had been living in the garage for the past several months. Hooray. I'm finally big enough to play tee-ball. I really enjoyed the big softballs and I especially liked placing them on the tee; however swinging the bat to hit them was elusive. I preferred to give Daddy the bat so he could hit the balls. Daddy tried to teach me to swing, which I sort of liked, but Mommy said he was trying to teach me to swing left-handed when, in her view, it seemed more natural for me to swing right-handed.

The other sport we did a lot of this weekend was golf. Daddy recently got a set of clubs and Mommy got me a set of small plastic clubs as well. We went out together on Sunday morning to hit some golf wiffle balls in the park. I was carrying my driver slung over my shoulder and Daddy had his 6 iron. Again, I found the balls themselves to be the most fascinating part of the process. Daddy said I was excellent at "shagging" golf balls. He would hit them and they would go soaring through the air. Then I would chase them across the park, bring them back and set them on the golf tee for Daddy. This was lots of fun.

No comments: