Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Ivory Towers

I'm getting a very steady hand when it comes to building things. Last night, I got out my Bento Box of shapes. This consists of 3 dimensional squares, cylinders, and triangles, each coming in three different sizes. What I like to do is to invert the Bento Box so that the shapes all fall out and then set it on the floor on its reverse side. This is the platform for the tower. Then I stack each of the shapes one on top of the other. The triangles in particular are very tricky to stack correctly. When I was done, I had created a tower that was as tall as I was (in a sitting position).

Speaking of which, how tall am I going to be? Mommy found a number of terrific growth estimation tools to figure out how tall I'll be when I grow up. Right now I"m 2' 9", but I hope to grow some more. According to this site, I'll be about 5'10", which is okay I guess. The problem is not with Mommy, it's with Daddy. If Daddy would suddenly have a growth spurt and grow to be 6' tall, then I'd sky up to 6' 1". If Daddy would really have a growth spurt and shoot up to 7' tall, then I'd be in a fine position for a career in the NBA at 6'7". Unfortunately, Daddy tells me that it's not likely that he will grow.

The variability inherent in height predictions should be noted, however, since the site says that Mommy's genetic potential for height should have been 5' 6 1/2", however, she exceeded her "potential" and grew to be 5'9". Variability can go the other way too, unfortunately, but I'm hoping that exceeding such predictions is also in my genes heightwise.

In other news, I'm learning lots of new words. A current favorite word is "Melmo". Melmo is the name of my favorite Sesame Street character as well as a convenient shorthand for indicating my desire to watch Sesame Street.

No comments: