Monday, October 13, 2003

Hop, skip, and jump

I've been testing out a whole bunch of new skills recently. Yesterday, my Daddy finally felt better (he had been sick) and we spent most of the day in the yard and in the park. Daddy was, as usual, hitting golf balls. One thing that I really liked to do was to get the golf balls and set them on the tee for Daddy. Then he would zing them across the park. Sometimes, I would take a turn hitting too. I have a little golf set that I use. Daddy helps me by stading behind me and positioning my hands appropriately. Then we take a big swing together and I get to zing a ball across the park. This is absolutely great.

When we were walking home from the park, I decided to try some new running skills. While I now like to run straight ahead, lowering my head slightly, and going "eeeeee", I've also taken to sort of galloping. It's not exactly galloping, but it's kind of like that motion. Daddy would gallop a few paces in front of me. It's hilarious to see him run like that. I would try to imitate. Daddy can also do something called skipping, which seems unfathomably hard.

One I was home, I decided to practice my jumping. I'm not very good at it so far (mostly I just try to lift my legs into the air and then "sit" to attain a jump), but I'm getting better. One thing I've learned already---never jump when there are blocks underfoot. The corners of the blocks are not pleasant to land on.

No comments: