Monday, October 20, 2003

Visits

Yesterday was a great day for socializing. As usual, Daddy had me out on many walks and we met all sorts of people on them. First, we met a 5 year old girl named Michelle near "ball heaven". Ball heaven is the front of a neighbor's yard that has a basketball net and tons of basketballs all around. I picked up a basketball and was bouncing it (sometimes I try to dribble it like the big kids do, but I never remember to let go of the ball). Michelle showed me how to pitch the basketball underhand to try to make baskets. While she did this twice, I couldn't manage to heave the basketball up high enough.

Then we ran across a couple of kids riding bikes. I like watching bike riding in that the bikes have some terrific wheels attached to them. Plus they go pretty fast, and I like the motion too. Anyway, the Mommy and Daddy of these kids were also around in their garage. They got out a basketball for me to play with and I happily played catch with their Mommy. She would roll the basketball to me. I'd catch it (I'm quite good at this now), and then I'd bounce-pass it back to her. She said I took her back to the time her little boy was about my age.

Finally, we went back to the park and ran across our next-door neighbors (the Partridge's) playing soccer and football in the park. I loved the soccer ball and ran toward it to get it. The two older Partridge sisters, Georgina and Madeline, then played with me in the park. We went on the swings, down the slide, and on some other stuff but, best of all, the soccer ball got to participate too. It went down the slide. I swung on the swing. It was great.

Then it came time to go home. We followed the Partridges back to their house and, seeing an open door, I went zooming inside. Everyone was happy to see me and I got to play a bit more.

It was a great day!

No comments: