Monday, September 08, 2003

A visit to Chloe and her New Baby Brother

On Friday, while Aunti Max was taking a Greyline bus tour of San Francisco, Mommy and I visited my friend, Chloe, her Mommy and her new baby brother, Cameron. It had been several weeks since I saw Chloe last, and I was excited to go visit her. Before we left, Mommy told me we were going to play with Chloe and I said, "O-ee" in response. At Chloe's house, Mommy pointed to Chloe and asked, "Who's that?" and I answered, "O-ee." I don't know why Mommy needed me to remind her of Chloe's name! Anyway, Chloe is the 4th individual person whom I've called by name. (As you can see in a blog published earlier today, Aunti Max is the 5th.)

I was very excited to play with Chloe's toys. I enjoyed playing in the sandbox with her "ovels" and pushing her mower outside. Inside was the best though. I absolutely loved Chloe's easel with a tray chock full of crayons. While I did draw some lines with them, the crayons were best for burying my hands in-- causing them to make noise as they first knocked against the sides of the tray and then were flung to the floor. Best of all though was Chloe's toddler-size stroller. Oh what a wonderful thing it was! It had wheels and was just the right size for me to push. I think that it was even better than the strollers I ride in!

I was very affectionate with everyone at Chloe's house. I kissed the new baby (born August 15) several times. He was very tiny, cute and calm and I liked him. (Babies are nicer when they aren't invading my home turf!) I also gave several wet kisses to Mommy, Chloe's mom and Chloe's aunt. I tried to give Chloe a big, friendly hug as we were leaving, unfortunately, I was a little too enthusiastic and knocked Chloe down. She hit her head on the hard, tile floor and cried and cried. I felt bad and was scared by all of her crying, so I cried too and hid behind a chair. We both calmed down eventually and then Mommy and I said, "Bye-Bye."

Food Update

By the way, I ate part of a Valencia orange for the first time at Chloe's house. It was delicious! I also ate part of one today. I also decided to indulge in some scrambled egg and ketchup today (for the first time in weeks). Bananas and raisins are also finally back on my list of acceptable foods.

No comments: