Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Labor Day

We had a Labor Day celebration yesterday, but it wasn't much fun. Daddy had the nerve to invite over a rival, a 10 month old named Bianca. I felt sure that Bianca was intended as a replacement for me, and I didn't like it one bit. Now, there are two paths that I could take in this situation: (A) I could be maximially cute and fun and convince Mommy and Daddy that Bianca was a not a good substitute for me. Or (B) I could be miserable so that Mommy and Daddy would soon realize their mistake and ask Bianca to leave. I went with (B). Unfortunately, it didn't work. Bianca stayed for several hours and was generally cute and well-behaved. This plan did not work out at all well for me.

The other thing that made Labor Day bad was that Daddy had a nasty choking episode. Daddy and Mommy and our guests (but not Bianca) were enjoying some lovely steaks that Mommy cooked on the grill. I guess Daddy was enjoying his a bit too much as part of it becamse lodged in his throat. He went in the kitchen sort of gasping for breath and Mommy and one of our guests, Laura, attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on him but without success. As they were asking whether to call 9-1-1 for him, he managed to dislodge enough stuff that he could breath again, albeit with some difficulty. He eventually was able to get all better. Mommy seemed really scared and upset by this. I was busy eating yummy corn on the cob, so I didn't really get too concerned. The oddest part was that Daddy felt very bad for spoiling the time the other guests were having through his inconsiderate choking episode.

By the way, you may be wondering where the comments part of my weblog went. It turns out that the server used to make the comments go has been down since last Thursday. They expect to fix it in the next day or so.

No comments: