Friday, September 05, 2003

Earthquake

Yesterday, my Aunt Maxine made us all dinner. I didn't actually eat what she made since it consisted of a salad with nuts (no nuts until I'm 3) and beef Wellington (I've embraced the Cali lifestyle and am mostly vegetarian). While she was cooking we got to experience a reasonably large earthquake. Here's a site with details. Mommy actually submitted a report about it though it didn't actually do anything other than shake us a little bit. Auntie Max thought that a large truck must have just passed by. Some friends in Lafayette, a few miles closer to the center of of quake, said it felt as though a truck had run right into their house. No damage though. Daddy thought it was Maxine's first earthquake, but Mommy told him that in fact, she had already experienced one in Pennsylvania-- link here. Auntie Max remembered only mine subsidences.

I've decided that Auntie Max is worthy of her own special goodbye before I go to sleep. As Mommy was taking me off to my room to sing to me before sleepytime last night, I ran back to the kitchen to make sure I got a special goodbye from her as well as a kiss. I like her.

No comments: